The Vital Church Initiative Worship Evaluation Team is working to improve the quality of worship and create contact points with God in the Early Service and will accomplish this by reviewing the Mystery Guest Report, visiting three churches that have effective worship for those under age 50, and work on having more experiential and participatory worship.
Team members Karen Booth, Barb Gripton, and Lynne Richmond would love to have more members help. Watch the bulletin and newsletter or contact a team member if you would like to participate.
In the meantime, here is what they have done so far:
- Reviewed the Mystery Guest Report—These are just observations, not a plan.
- Click here to see what guests had to say regarding the Early Service.
- Click here to see what guests noticed, but aren’t directly related to the Early Service.
- The Booths and Richmonds visited Cornerstone United Methodist Church on May 11, 2014.
- The Griptons visited Bridge Bible Church on May 12, 2014.
- Scheduled a Worship Workshop for 9:00 am to noon on May 31 at Lake Harbor.
- Met to clarify what we want to get out of the Worship Workshop (May 27).
- Discussed our church visits (May 27).
- Looked at specific things to change (or keep) in the Early Service remembering that our main goal is “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” (May 27)
- Click here to learn more about the May 27 meeting/discussion.
They will be visiting one or two other churches and meeting again at the end of June. As always, please talk to a committee member if you have questions or would like to join them.