Address: 4861 Henry St, Norton Shores, MI 49441
Phone: (231) 798-2181
LHUMC Welcoming Statement
Lake Harbor UMC is a community of faith where we welcome all in the name of Jesus Christ. We recognize that we are not of one mind on a wide range of theological and cultural issues, though we are a community of faith grounded in God’s love and grace that is active in our lives - transforming, renewing, and sustaining us. We are blessed and strengthened by the gifts and presence of a variety of people, and we believe that God uses all of us to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We believe that each person is a beloved child of God, and we value the sacred worth and dignity of all persons, without exception. We welcome all into membership and leadership including:
- persons with divergent theological and political convictions, even as we seek to emphasize our connectedness and unity in Christ;
- persons of all races, cultures, ethnicities, and socioeconomic conditions;
- persons at all places on the spectrum of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression;
- persons of various ages and life experiences, and persons who are differently abled.
We seek to love one another as Christ loves us. Christ opened the table of grace to everyone, and we commit to offer one another boundless compassion and affirmation so that the reign of God might be made known “on earth as it is in heaven.”
Welcome to Lake Harbor!
Please continue to complete check-in form for attendance purposes and practice physical distancing between households in the sanctuary (using every other pew).
There are three important exceptions regarding this update:
- The Lounge is a space where masks are required on Sunday mornings for the sake of those who are more comfortable wearing masks at all times.
- Masks are required for all teachers and students participating in Christian Education and Youth Group activities regardless of vaccination status.
As always, please stay home if you aren’t feeling well. Worship is livestreamed on Sunday mornings on our Facebook page and available on our YouTube channel. Anyone with Internet access is able to participate in online worship.