Fear of failing can stop us from living our faith because faith commands that we risk, which also makes us vulnerable. God calls us to be faithful, trusting that failure isn’t an end, but a part of living fully.
This is the third week in the series, “Unafraid.” Worship opened with “10 Celebrities Who Failed.” Pastor Mary’s message is based on Exodus 3: 7-12, 4: 10-13 and 1 Samuel 17: 31-37. To read it, click here.
Below is the list of resources that Dirk shared in his reflection.
- “13th” (available on Netflix)
- “The House I Live In”
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- Caught by Marie Gottschalk
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Neshisi Coates
- A People’s History of the United States by Howerd Zinn
There are many resources available as we listen, learn, pray, and work to seek justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God.